Aeroshell Oil W 15w-50 is a multigrade ashless dipersant oil that provides the ultimate in aircraft piston engine protection over a wide range of ambient temperatures. This product utilizes a unique blend of high quality mineral oils and synthetic base stocks combined with an exclusive additive system, including a unique anti-corrosion and anti-wear additive. This semi-synthetic blend offers high performance in a wide variety of applications and conditions.
AeroShell W 15 W 50 has become very popular among engine manufacturers and operators alike. In order to cater for those Lycoming engines that need improved load carrying, the Lycoming LW 16702 antiwear additive has been incorporated into the formulation thus eliminating the need for supplemental additive addition.
It also has the following benefits:
- Low temperature startability and pumpability
- Excellent anti-wear and anti-corrosion protection
- Outstanding high temperature oxidation protection for hot running engines
- Designed to keep engines cleaner with less sludge and varnish buildup in critical ring belt and other vital areas
- Completely compatible with AeroShell Oil W Single Grades and AeroShell mineral oils
- Superior protection for critical camshafts, lifters and other high wear components
- Best all around low temperature performance
- Oil pressures and temperatures equal to that of single grade 100 oils at fully warmed up conditions
- Unsurpassed high temperature performance
- Four-stroke cycle certificated aircraft reciprocating piston engines, including fuel-injected and turbocharged
- Most Lycoming and Continental opposed aircraft engines operated over a wide range of ambient temperatures
- Pratt and Whitney radial aircraft engines
- Teledyne Continental Motors liquid cooled aircraft piston engines